Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Year of the Pig Sty...

Okay, since I am new to this blogging thing, I'm changing my original idea of just giving artist shit about how unoriginal they are, and also talk about the few and the strong. In a way I guess it's about giving the other end of the spectrum, we can all critique bad art or unoriginal young artist, but to find a real Gem within the rough of the art world will create a context for knowing the difference between the good and the bad.

Presenting....


This is a show I recently saw at FOXY PRODUCTION which was a breath of fresh air, although it drags you through the mud, no pun intended. Hany is a Australian artist that makes me feel that sculpture, performance, and archeology still exist in brilliant and exciting ways. He's not a "young" artist, he's actually in his forties, but he's new to New York, and I'm hoping this show will open up more opportunities for him to keep showing here. 
He's an important artist because he's finding a way to deliver a conceptual idea through a language that is rich with metaphor, and sophistication. I'm excited to see more of Hany's work.








No comments: